Posted 622 Days Ago in: GeneticsCategoriesTagsSearch
Holmes Place â€“ the leading chain of fitness clubs in Israel is announcing important news to health and fitness lovers: for the first time a new and advanced genetic test, for a tailored and precise nutrition plan, and a personalized training program, will be offered in each of its clubs.
Holmes Place – the leading chain of fitness clubs in Israel is announcing important news to health and fitness lovers: for the first time a new and advanced genetic test, for a tailored and precise nutrition plan, and a personalized training program, will be offered in each of its clubs.
The DANOVAFit test is offered in Israel by DANOVA DNA, the exclusive distributor of the UK-based DNAFit technology in Israel. The product is an innovative genetic test based on advanced molecular technology and peer reviewed scientific research. Practical interpretation of the test results are based on an algorithm developed by a leading team of experts in the fields of genetics, nutrigenomics and sports science.
The DANOVAFit test accords to International standards, delivering results which are based on leading scientific research. This test represents the best knowledge currently available on the link between genetics, nutrition and fitness, respectively.
The DANOVAFit tests are simple DNA saliva-based swab tests which are based entirely on genetics and provide information on individual genetic predisposition in terms of nutrition, diet and fitness. The DANOVAFit analysis reports can form the basis for a personalized diet and nutrition plan, as well as a personalized training program to achieve efficiently the best possible sporting results.
The reports, which analyze the DNA test results, enable the customer to:
· Train efficiently and achieve the best possible outcome by optimizing the time spent in the gym or open air.
· Take proactive steps to better avoid injury.
· Make better informed nutritional choices for general health and post training recovery.
· Manage body composition in an effective and personalised way, helping maintain fat-loss in a long-term, sustainable manner.
· Improve and maintain general health and wellbeing
How does it work?
1. Members can purchase the test kit at any of the Holmes Place clubs all over the country.
2. The swab is collected and all necessary forms completed, with the assistance of a club staff member.
3. The swab is sent to the lab in UK.
4. After 21 working days the client receives the results by email, these include:
· A health and nutrition report.
· A fitness report.
· An infographic document representing the summary of his results.
5. On receipt of the test results, a consultation with one of the clinical sport nutritionists from Holmes Place will be scheduled. The nutritionist, who attended special training for the genetic report analysis, will offer the client a nutrition plan based on their genetic makeup in terms of nutrients need, sensitivity and metabolism. This approach will help the client reach their weight management goal, faster and safer, while maintaining it for the longer term, as well as achieving improved general health. The consultation will also include a personalized training program, offered by one of the professional trainers. The training program based on the client's genetic variations will enable them to maximize their potential and achieve better results in a shorter time, while maintaining their health and avoiding injury.
Yaara Sitbon, Head of the Nutrition Division in Holmes Place, says: "Holmes Place which is the leading chain of health and fitness clubs in Israel, is bringing to its members up-to-date global developments and trends in the field of health, sport and nutrition. In this respect we are happy to take the lead in bringing to the Israeli people the most advanced way to personalize nutrition and fitness. The innovative test is deciphering important information in many topics that concern many athletes, such as: their VO2max potential, aerobic potential, injury risks, speed of recovery following strenuous exercise, nutritional needs of their body, the ideal diet for them etc. Holmes place is inviting everyone to explore the new horizons in the fields of nutrition and fitness and experience the future with us, today.”
Note to Editors
DANOVADNA is the exclusive distributor of DNAFit in Israel.
Posted 623 Days Ago in: Genetics
SOD2 is the gene that creates Manganese Superoxide Dismutase-2 (MnSOD2), an antioxidant found in the mitochondria â€“ small â€ścells within our cellsâ€ť which are where our body produces energy for both movement and everyday life. The enzyme helps to convert free radicals, which can cause damage to the mitochondria, into oxygen and hydrogen peroxide.
Posted 627 Days Ago in: Training
Technology has entrenched itself in the sports industry, becoming a crucial component to achieving optimum performance. The newest tech has advanced to the point where anyone can use it to improve their lifestyles and stay at their peak. While weâ€™re all pretty clued up about the latest trendy tech wearables, we thought itâ€™d be cool to really delve a little deeper into the technology being used at the highest level. With the Olympics coming up weâ€™re all a bit athlete crazy. Here are a few top-of-the-range, high-end and revolutionary training technologies used by professional athletes to aid their fitness and sports performance.
Receive our FREE 14-day guide, direct to your inbox, on how genetics impact every aspect of fitness and nutrition.